Formerly The Dirty Spokanza.
Sunday, October 4th, 2020
State times at
7:00AM. Major Devastation Route
10:00AM. MinorDevastation Route
12:00 PM. Group W Route
Big Barn Brewery
Hope you’re all staying healthy, we’re still on for Sunday, October 4th. We're going Social Distance-Light for this edition, so just show up ready to goof off and ride. There's no registration, no swag bags, no feed stations, hell, there probably won't be much in the way of prizes other than the character you'll build turning pedals up over the mountain.
*Note: Ok, we're having a name change, and NOT because of the cease and desist letter I got from Dirty Kanza, but entirely for the same reason Dirty Kanza is changing their name: sensitivity to the indigenous nations for whom both events are named. For some insight into this issue give Alexandera Houchin's article in The Radivist a read. So here we go with a COVID-beleaguered first installment of the...
Yes, there will be stickers.
What to Bring:
- Hand Sanitzer
- Robust ImmuneSystem
- Snacks and substantial food for Major & Minor Devastation Routes
- Water Filter for Major Devastation Route
- Course is unmarked!
- GPS or Phone...
- Or print out cue sheet from Ridewith GPS link, or tattoo it on your arm
- Or ride with someone with navigation
- Major and Minor Devastation riders should pack layers and arctic expedition gear for the ride DOWN the mountain.
- Rain gear, it's October, you never know.
- Flat kit: spare tube, patch kit, plugs, pump, tire levers
- Chain tool, quick links, spare links
- Kickstand alignment gauge
- What, you ride without a kite?!!
- The Group W Route hasn't been scouted for a good kite launch, but the Big Barn probably has a good spot if there's wind.